ALBERT V. MISKINIS
Results oriented Software Engineer with experience in Level II maintenance, Software Development and Quality Assurance. Recognized for ability to identify problems, create and implement solutions. Strengths in analyzing problems, programming and designing information systems. RACF Security Administrator created user IDs and dataset protection. Solve various z/OS system issues on demand keeping system functioning 24/7. Demonstrated success working with clients and information systems professionals.
CA TECHNOLOGIES, Framingham, MA 2010-2015
Software Engineer, (2012–2015)
Developed software in the z/OS platform. Provided support as a Level II Sustaining Engineer for application tuning and performance products using ASSEMBLER, C, REXX, JCL, SQL, COBOL and JAVA.
- Analyzed product failures, identified problems and made necessary software fixes. Enhanced products z/OS assembler and C code to ensure correct statistics were calculated that significantly improved the product.
- Provided product support by making software fixes and upgrading multiple releases of the products. This assured a stable product line that provided more accuracy resulting in greater customer satisfaction and growth.
- Undertook Level II responsibility for maintaining additional application performance software tools. Resolved multiple issues resulting in increased customer satisfaction.
- Debugged products z/OS internal code using GTF traces, Slip Traps, IPCS and XDC Debugger.
- Created and utilized COBOL, CICS, SQL, C, JAVA, ASSEMBLER, DB2, IMS and UNIX applications for testing improving quality.
- Developed JAVA Distributed Data Facility test suite expanding the range of SQL
DB2 tests that improved the quality and integrity of the software.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, (2010–2012)
Lead Quality Assurance Engineer for mainframe application performance and tuning software.
- Led team of several Quality Assurance Engineers managed the teams activities and tracked teams status on a daily bases.
- Trained Quality Assurance Engineers in the use of application performance and tuning products.
- Evaluated product tolerance on early releases of IBM’s z/OS operation systems. Ensured that performance software functioned as designed. Written and monitored DB2, IMS, SQL, C, COBOL, CICS and JAVA application programs.
- Utilized the call and problem tracking system to communicate software issues with developers and management. Ensuring that the issues would be well documented and sent to the proper developers.
ALBERT V. MISKINIS Page Two
- Selected lead for proof of concept for Mainframe Test Automation tools project. Learned new automation tools, presented demonstration and trained team on automation tools use. Team now uses one of the tools for test automation.
- Used HP’s Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) software creating test requirements, plans and cases enabling all QA engineers to execute tests from a single place reducing setup and test recreation time.
AQM SOLUTIONS, Framingham, MA (acquired by CA TECHNOLOGIES) 2005-2010
Quality Assurance Technician
Lead tester of mainframe application performance and tuning software. Communicate and document all problems discovered during the quality assurance process.
- Utilized my own and developer written C, SQL, JAVA, ASSEMBLER, COBOL, CICS, DB2 and UNIX applications for testing. Improved the quality and integrity of the software.
- Analyzed problems, recreated test cases and applied fixes.
- RACF Administrator / System Programmer. Created user IDs and dataset protection. Solve various z/OS system issues on demand keeping system functioning 24/7.
COMPUWARE CORPORATION, Cambridge, MA 1999-2004
Senior Software Developer / Sustaining Engineer
Technical Lead and Sustaining Engineer for the Strobe application performance monitoring tool.
- Analyzed product failures, identified problems and made necessary software fixes that significantly improved the product.
- Utilized the Call Tracking and Problem Tracking systems to monitor, manage, and resolve open calls for all of Strobe’s features.
- Recreated test cases, resolved problems, and applied fixes to Strobe software using Assembler language source changes or zaps to the object code.
- Responsive to both upper management and Sales for high profile customer or sales situations.
- Designed and implemented STROBE’s C/C++ XPLINK language feature.
- Wrote and developed test suites for Strobe's Language feature using C and C++, SQL, COOL:Gen, COBOL, PL/I and SAS.
SOFTWARE EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Boston University Non-Degree, Boston MA
Programming in "C"
Systems Programming in "C"
Computer Graphics Programming in C
Computer Organization and Assembly Language Programming
Assembler Language Programming for the IBM 360/370
COBOL Programming 1-2-3.
Oracle9i Database Performance Tuning
Oracle9i DBA Fundamentals 1 and 2
XML/XSLT for Programming
C++ Object Oriented Programming
Basic GUI Development in Java SE 6.0
Linux OS, JAVA for Programmers Non-Gui with Servlets & JSP
Advanced Features of Selenium Automated Web Testing
Quick Test Pro and Quality Center Fundamentals for Mainframes