Boston, MA · Abdulsamimsafi22@gmail.com · (857) 576-1195
- Civil Engineer with 5 years of experience in quality control management, construction management, planning, and supervision.
- Planning, coordinating, site supervision, quality control, evaluating bids and claims, managing timeline, cost estimation, coordinating with contractors/sub-contractors/clients/vendors.
- Experience in reinforced multistory buildings, road pavement, K-Span building, remodeling, renovation, demolition
- Knowledge of IBC, ACI, IPC, NEC and other construction relevant codes and standards.
- Software skills: AutoCAD, SAP, ETABS, SAFE, Outlook & MS Office.
Assistant of Quality Assurance 04/2015 – present
- Checking, control and make sure it should be as per design the following product .balloon bonding, folding and pleating, braiding and coiling, drilling/ punching / skiving, extrusion, hub molding, hydrophilic coating, pad printing.
- Check, control as per design the following product based on end use, multiple component assembly procedures, for manufacturability Solid Works, mini-Tab statistical processing.
- Prepare necessary progress reports and other required materials for supervisor and Perform related duties as assigned.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control Inspector Engineer 08/2013 – 10/2014
Appleton Consulting International (United Arabic Emirates Government Contractor) Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Worldwide Contractor, Design+Build, Engineering design management, and international development solutions
- Planned and scheduled construction phases, attended design and client meetings, created RFIs,made payments, monitored project production and quality, created redlines, evaluated change order claims, material tracking, etc
- Managed a group of 30 people which included all main contractor quality engineers, CAD operators, subcontractor project managers, construction managers, site engineers and procurement managers.
- Worked in a team of 3000 people daily in this project.
- Prepare cost/material estimates for funding and construction, based on project requirements.
- Prepare necessary progress reports and other required materials for supervisor and Perform related duties as assigned. Sets up the estimates, the budgets and the construction timetable for the client and develops the construction strategy.
- Ensures the construction project complies with all building codes and any other legal or regulatory requirements. When delays or problems occur – as they always do – the construction manager is the project’s first responder, ready to make the changes required to move the project past the issue.
- Qasaba’s Housing project in Khwajah Rawash of Kabul city: 111 five-story buildings consisting of totally 3333 apartments through generous assistance of USD 179 million by the United Arab Emirates.
Quality Assurance Engineer 11/2009 – 07/2013
Versar International (US Government Contractor), Washington DC
Versar, Inc. is a global construction project management and environmental company.
- Monitored construction site daily, performed inspections, wrote reports, issued and closed deficiencies.
- Worked in a team of 10 quality assurance engineers from different nationalities.
- Kabul Central Police Command, Uniform Police District of Bagrami, Kabul Fire Stations & (3) SKAIA: ~45 buildings, incl. provincial headquarter building, Generator & Fuel Building, Site Utilities, New Holding Tank, multistory reinforced barracks, Open Bay Barracks, Female Barracks, classrooms, DFAC, Wood Stove Kitchen Canopy, Elevated Water Tank, Fuel Tanks, Water Well House, laundry, administrative building, guard shacks and guard towers; Afghanistan, US Government project, budget: USD 38M.
Estimator Engineer (part time) 02/2012- 08/2012
FCEC UIPROJECTS JV (US Government Contractor)
- Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
- Prepare estimates for use in selecting vendors or subcontractors.
Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering 2009
Alberoni University, Kapisa City, Afghanistan
- Equivalent to U.S. bachelor’s degree in the field from an Center for Educational Documentation, Inc. 07/2015
- Evaluation available upon request.
- Studying at Roxbury community college, MA, USA 06/2015 – Present
- Medical interpreter certificate from American Center (40 hrs.), Lynn,MA,USA 10/2015
Reference upon request.